Meditation Retreat: Opening the Heart
When: Thursday eve, May 3 – Sunday afternoon, May 6, 2018
Location: Samadhi House on San Juan Island, Washington state
Join us for a weekend of pure Being, rest, rejuvenation, and inspiration!
- Learn practices guaranteed to profoundly deepen your meditation, whether you’re new to meditation or have been meditating regularly for decades. These special techniques tangibly awaken subtle energies and open the energetic body, making meditation deep, effortless, and blissful. Ultimately, this develops a full connection with Source, Cosmic Energy, the Divine.
- We will explore what makes for real, lasting happiness that cannot be overturned by the ups and downs of life–and you will begin to develop that through your meditation practice.
- As you deepen your inner experience through meditation, it becomes all the more important to purify your consciousness and open your heart with selfless intention for the benefit of others. Yet how do we do this? In this retreat, we’ll explore the practical, tried and true means of developing the “4 Immeasurables”: Loving Kindness, Compassion, Empathetic Joy, and Impartiality. This is common to Yogic and Buddhist traditions, and certainly is echoed in many of the spiritual traditions of the world. Through the practices you’ll learn on this retreat, your heart will open to actually begin to live these practical ideals.
Facilities – On Site
- A beautiful remote retreat on San Juan Island with gorgeous views of Haro Straight. Consistently gets 5-star reviews.
- On site, we offer a mix of private rooms and dormitory accommodations. Private rooms are normally reserved for couples; if no couples, then private rooms are allocated to those who sign up first. All accommodations are very comfortable and newly remodeled and refurnished.
- Shared baths.
- Sleeps a maximum of 12 people. Register soon!
- Cost of staying onsite is $595. Includes retreat, room (single, double, or dormitory), and meals.
Facilities – Off Site
You may also attend the retreat and participate in meals but find your own accommodations, either in Friday Harbor or Roche Harbor (Samadhi House is almost equidistant between the two, about 15 to 20 minutes drive.) As San Juan Island is a hot tourist destination, and March is the off season, you can easily find accommodations on island. There is even camping just 7 minutes away. Cost of the retreat if you stay off site is reduced to $445.00.
- Vegetarian/pescatarian meals are provided and included in the cost of the course.
- Dinner will be available Friday night until the meeting at 8:15 p.m.
- The retreat ends Sunday after brunch to allow you to play on the island or catch a mid-day ferry back to Anacortes. (See section below on travel.)