Meditation Retreat: Rewiring Your Brain for Happiness and Intuition
A Deep Yogic Practice for Changing Your Neurobiology
Dates: Thursday eve, May 3 – Sunday afternoon, May 6, 2018
Location: Samadhi House on San Juan Island, Washington state
Retreat leader: Ajayan
Nearly every day, new research proves the benefits of meditation, from reducing anxiety, depression, and insomnia to increasing brain size and improving memory, intelligence, and creativity. But frankly there’s so much more to meditation than researchers suspect, and there are techniques far more effective than anything scientists are studying today.
On this meditation retreat, you will learn a unique, powerful practice for changing your neurobiology to one of profound well-being and heightened intuition. In his classic text of Yoga philosophy, the ancient sage Patanjali reveals the secret of developing special yogic abilities (the siddhis). This is a technique far beyond ordinary meditation in its effectiveness, called samyama. What is samyama? Patanjali explains it as a combination of steady focus, meditation, and absorption. In this retreat, you will learn this profound practice that vastly accelerates the benefits of meditation, creating a blissful neurobiology and deepened intuition.
As you first practice samyama in this meditation retreat, you will tangibly feel subtle energies awakening, infusing your whole being with bliss. This powerful practice will improve your physical health, clear your mind, heighten intuition, and open your heart–all the effects of meditation, only vastly accelerated by the power of samyama. Are you ready to awaken your full potential? This is your opportunity. I hope you can join us.
Requirements for this meditation retreat
- The only requirement is to have been regularly practicing some form of meditation for at least 6 months.
$1997 – includes all instruction and room and board at Samadhi House.
For more information, contact us.
- A beautiful remote retreat on San Juan Island with gorgeous views of Haro Straight. Consistently gets 5-star reviews!
- A mix of private rooms and dormitory accommodations. Private rooms are normally reserved for couples; if no couples, then private rooms are allocated first come, first served. All accommodations are very comfortable and newly remodeled and refurnished.
- Shared baths.
- Sleeps about 12 people. Register soon!
- Additional accommodations available in Friday Harbor or Roach Harbor (20 minutes from the retreat) at additional cost.
- Meals are provided and included in the cost of the course (vegetarian, gluten-free, with fish and chicken options). Please let us know if you have dietary restrictions.
- Dinner will be available Thursday night until the meeting at 8:30 p.m.
- The retreat ends Sunday after brunch to allow you to play on the island or catch a mid-day ferry back to Anacortes. (See section below on travel.)
Travel to and from the course
- Access to San Juan Island from Washington State is via the Anacortes ferry. See the current ferry schedule. We strongly recommend you make reservations, because the ferry lines can be daunting. If you make arrangements with us, we can also pick you up in Friday Harbor if you wish to walk on the ferry and so avoid the lines.