The new Mahavakya is: Aham Brahmasmi, which means “I am Brahman.”
The expanded Soma invocation is:
“Soma, Soma, Soma, flow in a sweet and exhilarating stream, sweet for Indra, Vayu, Varuna, Mitra, the Ashwins, and all the Devas.
Purify us, Soma Pavamana, with thy purifying streams…
Soma, give us brightness…
Indu, bring us strength and intelligence…
And abundant wealth of a thousand radiances.
Soma Pavamana, give us all good things, and do thou make us happy…. Soma, Soma, Soma…” Feel your relationship with Soma.
- Experiences and questions of participants.
- How is Soma generated according to the Vedas?
- What is it like to experience the Devas?
- Answers question on why life presents challenges.
Don’t forget to get the latest, updated version of the 9th Mandala of the Rig Veda from Lesson 3. I’ll be continuing to add more of the mandala to it each week.
The following meditation is extracted from the video of the lesson. It is just the meditation portion. Please watch the video before using the audio meditation, as there is essential instruction in the video that is not included in the meditation. This is true for all lessons in the course. The audio meditation is intended to give you convenient access to the meditation for the lesson so you can use it as a guided meditation daily until you are ready for the next lesson.
Lesson 5 audio meditation
- This week find a favorite verse from the Ninth Mandala of the Rig Veda (See the PDF in Lesson 3) and bring it to class next week.
- Feel and express gratitude and appreciation for all the innumerable blessings in your life! Gratitude feeds the Devas!