Special advanced meditation retreat on San Juan Island
Wednesday eve, November 2 – Sunday noon, November 6, 2022
(We have added an extra full day to allow for 3 full days of intensive practice.)
This is a special retreat only for those who are enrolled in the Brahmajnana course. To attend the retreat, you must have completed at least the first 5 lessons of the Brahmajnana course (which starts in July 2022, live, but can be started at any time thereafter by watching the recorded videos).
In addition, the Brahmajnana course requires first completing:
- Blessings of the Devas course, which includes Effortless Mind 1 and Toning the Energetic body courses.
Because of the nature and focus of this retreat, we cannot make any exceptions to this requirement. If you are looking to learn to meditate or to advance your practice, please see Start your meditation journey here to find the best meditation course to meet your needs.
Samadhi House on San Juan Island, Washington state
Note: Proof of a negative COVID test within 24 hours of arrival is required. A DIY at-home test is acceptable. This is to help reassure all participants of their safety, to the extent we can.
In this special retreat, we will focus on individual and group practice of what we are learning in the Brahmajnana course, specifically on the realization of the Self, Brahman. Those who have taken the Siddhis 1 and/or Siddhis 2 courses will also have daily opportunities for group practice of those techniques, but these courses are not required to attend the retreat.
Due to the pandemic, we had to learn in our own separate homes. Now, for the first time, we will meet together. This presents a wonderful opportunity, as the energetic dynamics of group practice multiplies the power of meditation manyfold. Such group practice creates a sacred atmosphere conducive to accelerated growth, purification, and realization. The more advanced and deep the practice, the more powerful is this effect, so this retreat promises to be truly life changing.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
$675 – Anyone who has completed the required courses can come to this retreat. If the course fee is a hardship, contact Ajayan.
- A beautiful remote retreat on San Juan Island with gorgeous views of Haro Straight. Consistently gets 5-star reviews!
- A mix of private rooms and dormitory accommodations. Private rooms are normally reserved for couples; if no couples, then private rooms are allocated first come, first served. All accommodations are very comfortable.
- Shared baths.
- Accommodates up to 9 retreat participants at Samadhi House. Register soon!
- Additional accommodations available in Friday Harbor or Roach Harbor (20 minutes from the retreat) at your own cost.
- Vegetarian meals are provided and included in the cost of the course.
- Participants will pull together to cook and clean for meals. We won’t have a staff other than professional housekeeping prior to and after the retreat. This not only helps keep costs down but is fun and creates a sense of community. It also gives an opportunity for seva, selfless service.
- Dinner will be available Wednesday night until the meeting at 8:30 p.m.
- The retreat ends Sunday after brunch to allow you to play on the island or catch a mid-day ferry back to Anacortes. (See section below on travel.)
Travel to and from the course
- Access to San Juan Island from Washington State is via the Anacortes ferry. See the current ferry schedule. We strongly recommend you make reservations, because the ferry lines can be daunting. If you make arrangements with us, we can also pick you up in Friday Harbor if you wish to walk on the ferry and so avoid the lines.